- Knysna Oyster Festival: Running, cycling, culinary delights, and family fun. Dates for the Festival next year 2nd – 11th July.
- Knysna Literary Festival: It is the Garden Route’s only annual festival that hosts an exclusive group of hand-picked authors from South Africa and is fast becoming a must-attend with bookworms and lovers of all things literary.
- The Knysna Speed Festival: The Hillclimb, held in Knysna over the past decade, has become South Africa’s premier motorsport lifestyle event with approximately 17 000 people from around the globe attending, and over 250 000 livestream views over the weekend. Dates for the next event – 6th – 9th May 2021.
- Garden Route International Film Festival: Held this year from 21st September – 11th October 2020. The festival aimed to give filmmakers an opportunity to engage intimate audiences about their films. The organizers believe in diversity, not only of people but of films. The Festival is still in its infancy by growing traction year on year.
- The Timber FestivalThe festival is a showcase of local excellence across the value chain in the town where South Africa’s timber industry first took root.
- Rastafari Earth Festival: The festival usually takes place in July. Dates for 2021 have not yet been finalised.
- Pink Loerie Mardi Gras & Arts Festival: 3rd – 7th April 2021 – The festival is an annual celebration of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) culture and identity.
- CCPP Group Lions Karoo to Coast Mountain Bike Challenge: 25th September 2021 is the date set for South Africa’s favourite single day mountain bike event. Heading into the 23rd edition, the Karoo to Coast promises to be as challenging, rewarding and fun as ever – when 4 500 riders take on the route from Uniondale to Knysna.
- Knysna Extreme Triathlon: A full Triathlon and a 0.5 version. A swim in the Knysna Estuary is not for the faint hearted. The event takes place in November.
- Knysna Motor Show: The event was cancelled in 2020 due to COVID-19 but sure to take place when the virus is done and dusted. If you are interested in classic motor vehicles, then this show is a must attend. Knysna is well known as a town for classic motor vehicle collectors
- RECM Knysna 200: The three day stage race is an excellent opportunity to unwind in a town you love, participating in a sport you adore as you recharge their batteries. The intimate nature of the race, with only 350 riders means that by Stage 2 you’ll recognise all your fellow riders. For RECM this means they have the chance to answer rider’s questions on the complex world of investments personally.